£Excellent + Management Level Bonus + Shares + Benefits
Our client is a large retailer with a global reputation for customer service and value for money.
They are currently keen to strengthen their head office commercial department by appointing an experienced Head of Buying for their Sports & Leisure team.
You will be a strong negotiator and have previous buying/category management experience ideally gained for a leading high street or supermarket retailer within any FMCG or General Merchandise product category. You will be a skilled negotiator with extensive experience dealing with large branded suppliers/manufacturers.
Applicants should have the following skills and attributes:
• Highly developed negotiation skills
• Buying experience for a Top 10 UK retailer, managing a £200m+ category
• Excellent supplier management skills with exposure to complex relationships with branded suppliers/manufacturers
• Strong commercial acumen – accountability for achieving and excelling company targets
• Skilled manager - able to develop and motivate team members
This position offers excellent career progression and training, with realistic opportunities to progress to a Director role.
ASP are a preferred supplier to leading UK and International Retailers and Wholesalers offering a comprehensive recruitment service for positions up to and including Director level.
ASP Group | Buying | Category Management | Product Management | Sales & Marketing | Merchandising | Logistics | Supply Chain | Space Planning | Store Planning | Property